Friday, April 26, 2013

Giant-Size Summer Special!

Convention Season is upon us, and I'm just about out of copies of Issue 2. I was going to get more printed, but I'm also ready to print Issue 3. So, instead of an "Issue 3," per se, I decided to just put out a "Giant-Size Summer Special" that collects the whole Hard Oats story in one book, plus a handful of other unseen strips I've had sitting around. I'll probably do this from now on, instead of numbering the books, since I put them out whenever I can afford to, rather than by any sort of schedule.

I'm really, really happy with this book. I was pretty unhappy with Issue 1, being as it was unfinished and hastily tossed together. Issue 2 was better, but it was an incomplete thought, and having a full year-and-a-half between the beginning of a story and its conclusion has a way of, you know, slowing momentum, not just for the reader, but for me, as well. I've had the conclusion to Hard Oats on the shelf for a year, practically done but in dire need of editing. So, I've done that, cleaned it up, adjusted some things so they make sense, and now I feel like Hard Oats is a finished story, and leaves us in a good place to wait for the next installment of the larger plot.

Anyway, I'm pleased with it. It's 52 pages, which is about as many pages as one can cram into a stapled book. The price on this cover is incorrect. The actual cover price will be six dollars, which is a bargain for 52 pages in today's indie comic market. People be charging up to ten bucks a pop for much smaller books, and I guess people be buying them, too. So, hopefully they'll buy this one.

I'm putting together my Summer convention schedule, which I will make available as soon as I can. I plan on doing at least four shows this year, all in Ohio. For now, however, I know I will be at the Akron-Canton Comic Con, at the Chapparells Community Center in Akron, on June 23rd. I'll keep you apprised of developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment